DIRECTORATE OF FINANCIAL SERVICES
The Directorate of Financial Services is responsible for the effective monitoring of the financial operating programs of the Municipality, the correct presentation of financial operations and the management of its revenues and expenses, as well as the assurance and utilization of all municipal property. Simultaneously, the Directorate of Financial Services ensures the efficient, timely and rapid implementation of all legal procedures required for the supply of materials, equipment and services of the Municipality.
The responsibilities of the organizational units of the Financial Services’ Directorate are the following:
- Takes care of the organization, coordination and control of the activities of the Directorate, in order to effectively implement the action plans and the relevant decisions or orders.
- Assigns daily correspondence to officers of the Department.
- Signs all money orders.
- Prepares the annual report of the activities of the Department.
- Suggests increases-reductions of the Municipal Fees within the respective deadlines.
- Takes care of drawing up the regulations for the enforcement, certification and collection of these rights.
- Monitors and controls the certification of municipal revenues, the utilization of municipal property and the management of the Department services, ensuring the implementation of the relevant legal and regulatory provisions.
- Suggests to the competent body the preparation of the budget, supervises its timely approval, monitors the progress of its implementation and indicates whenever necessary, the appropriate actions to ensure revenues or to contain expenses.
- Takes care of the implementation of double-entry bookkeeping, the compilation of financial reports, of the balance sheet and of P&L and attends the special meeting of the Municipal Council for the approval of the annual report, the balance sheet and P&L of the year.
- Takes care of the collection of data from all the Departments of the Municipality, regarding the provision of credits and reformulation of credits related public procurement, which it submits for approval to the Mayor.
- Informs the Mayor about the general financial situation of the Municipality.
- Takes care of the improvement of the efficiency of the Management, the improvement of the efficiency of the human resources and the technical means, the better service of citizens and the better response of the administrative unit to satisfy local needs.