DEPARTMENT OF MUNICIPAL POLICE
The Municipal Police is responsible for the effective performance of the responsibilities of a. 1 of Law 3731/2008, as it is in force, as well as any other responsibility assigned to it by other provisions of Laws. The responsibilities of the Office are as follows:
- Controls the observance of the provisions concerning water supply and sewerage, as they are included in the current legislation and the regulatory decisions issued by the municipal authority.
- Checks the observance of the conditions provided in the current legislation and the regulatory decisions issued by the municipal authority, for the use of groves, gardens, squares, playgrounds, sports facilities and other public spaces, as well as for the use and operation of municipal markets, trade fairs, Christmas markets and general outdoor activities.
- Controls the observance of the provisions concerning the open trade and the public markets.
- Controls the observance of the provisions concerning the outdoor advertising, as well as the control of the observance of more specific construction specifications and conditions of placement of advertising frames, which may have been set with regulatory decisions by the municipal authority.
- Controls the observance of the measures imposed for the prevention of fires in public open spaces.
- Controls the observance of cleanliness in public open spaces of the territorial region of the municipality and in general the observance of the rules provided by the current legislation and the regulatory decisions issued by the municipal authority for the upgrade of the aesthetics of the city.
- Checks the observance of the provisions concerning the operation of playgrounds.
- Controls the observance of the provisions concerning the operation of shops, businesses, theaters, cinemas, entertainment, etc. activities, for which the Municipality is responsible for issuing, revoking and removing licenses for their establishment, installation, operation and exercise.
- Controls compliance with the provisions on noise pollution, public quiet and the operation of music in shops and public centers
- Executes the administrative sanctions concerning the operation of shops and enterprises, whose establishment and operation license is granted by the municipal authority.
- Controls the observance of the measures for the protection of the museums, monuments, archeological and historical sites of the Municipality and these facilities, which are taken by the municipal authority.
- Participates in the implementation of civil protection plans.
- Controls the observance of the provisions for the opening hours of entertainment centers and related stores, as well as commercial stores, food stores, etc.
- It shall monitor compliance with the provisions relating to pedestrian traffic, stopping and parking of vehicles, the enforcement of the administrative measures of a. 103 Law 2696/1999, as applicable, on the illegal parking of vehicles, and the application of the provisions relating to the movement of wheeled vehicles on pedestrian streets, squares, pavements and generally in areas not intended for such use and in the emission of noise from them. These responsibilities are exercised, at the same time and on a case-by-case basis, by the Hellenic Police (EL.AS.) and the Coast Guard. When the Municipal Police and the Hellenic Police or the Coast Guard are involved in their exercise, at the same time, the coordination is with the Greek Police or the Coast Guard, as appropriate.
- Checks the observance of the provisions, which concern the regulation of the traffic with instructions and signals of the traffic wardens in the municipal road network and in the parts of the national network that pass through the municipality. This responsibility is still exercised, in parallel and on a case by case basis, by the Hellenic Police (EL.AS.) and the Coast Guard. When during its performance the Municipal Police and the Hellenic Police or the Coast Guard are involved, at the same time, the coordination is the Hellenic Police or the Coast Guard as the case may be.
- Controls the observance of the provisions concerning abandoned vehicles and ensures the coordination and monitoring of the project of withdrawal of abandoned vehicles and boats.
- Checks the observance of the provisions concerning the marking of the works performed on the streets and the obligations of those who perform projects and deposit materials and tools in the municipal road network and controls for the taking of safety and hygiene measures in the works that are performed.
- Controls the implementation of the measures taken by the municipal authority for activities and situations that pose a risk to the life and property of the inhabitants and in particular from the dangerous constructions, as well as the implementation of the regulatory acts of the municipal authority for the protection of the health of the inhabitants from the disturbing activities referred to in them.
- Checks the observance of the relevant provisions concerning the New Building Regulation (NOK).
- Removes the building permit for insurance contributions due to the I.K.A.
- Checks compliance with the provisions concerning pets.
- Controls the observance of the provisions of any kind of regulatory decisions of the municipal authority, as well as the enforcement of all kinds of administrative measures provided by them.
- Carries out an autopsy to verify the conditions required for the issuance of administrative acts by the bodies of the Municipality and, in particular, conducts an autopsy and prepares a report for the issuance of an administrative expulsion protocol and for the issuance of a certificate of permanent residence
- Protects municipal property.
- Delivers all kinds of documents of the Municipality or other Municipal Authorities within the administrative boundaries of the Municipality.