YOUTH AND VOLUNTEERING OFFICE
Indicatively, among other things, the tasks of the Office are:
- The promotion of volunteering and the implementation of programmes for volunteering, either within the framework of European Union actions or in cooperation with domestic bodies.
- Youth Centres – youth information centres.
- The secretarial and administrative support of the Local Youth Council (ToSYN) of the Municipality.
- Strengthening cooperation to promote the creation of networks between local authorities with the aim of encouraging the social role of young people.
- Raising young people’s awareness of the negative effects of social exclusion, racism, xenophobia, bullying and violence. Also, raising young people’s awareness of social and cultural issues in general (e.g. Olympism, volunteering, etc.).
- Promoting gender equality and opportunities and supporting social dialogue.