SOCIAL STRUCTURES OFFICE
His responsibilities include the operation of Social Structures and in particular:
- The implementation of social welfare programs, e.g. Help at home, Community Centers, KIFI etc.
- The operation of social structures (such as the social grocery, the social pharmacy, etc.)
- The operation of the Creative Employment Centers (KDAP) and the care for the establishment of new KDAP for the creative employment of children, in order to contribute to the harmonization of the professional and family life of their parents.
- The issuance of a license for the establishment and operation of municipal private kindergartens or nurseries.
- The exercise of control and supervision in the institutions of child protection of private law (private kindergartens) and the responsibility of the operation of the children’s fields.
- The granting of licenses for the establishment and operation of child welfare institutions to individuals, as well as to associations or unions that pursue charitable purposes.
- The issuance of licenses for lotteries, fundraisers and charitable markets.
- The planning and implementation of actions for the protection of single-parent families.
- It is responsible for keeping a warehouse of goods (food, medicine, clothes, etc.).